Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hannah's Visit and Carob Mousse


As I mentioned in my last few posts, the lovely Hannah of Wayfaring Chocolate has just traveled up to the great north for a visit! As you may know, I have a great love for Australia and have been there twice. You can check out a few of my posts here, here, here and here. The climate, land, food, and especially the people. Hannah's visit brought back all the amazing memories of my trips to OZ.... ah, how I dream of going back a third time...

Our visit was wonderful and we've dreamt up plans for a summer visit - after all, that's the very best time of year for visitors here. The cold weather kept us inside a lot of the time but that was just fine and actually I think the Universe set it up that way for several reasons (ironically all our pics were taken outside).


One day J took us for a float plane ride around town. Much fun... well, until I felt nauseous in the back, lol. The wind bumped us around a little. (Pic by Hannah).


Here's one of the planes, called the beaver, that J flew all this summer. It's inside for repair at the moment. (Pic by Hannah).


Happy soul sister dancing around the fire pit!

We made raw nori rolls for dinner one night. Parsnip rice, red peppers, spiralized zucchini, cucumber, avocado, carrot, and cilantro were the fillings.


While we didn't do much in the kitchen in terms of food prep, we did make one dessert. Carob Mousse! Hannah adores carob just like I do - even more I think! We tweaked the topping for my Double Choco Strawberry Cake in Raw Food Carob Desserts to make the most luscious carob mousse ever. Even J became a carob lover after trying it. That says a lot because to this point he hasn't liked it.


We topped it with chopped lucuma coconut coated cashews. 

I'm so grateful for another Aussie soul sister and for our time together! 

On a pumpkin note, did you catch my recipe for Raw vegan pumpkin Pie on Sweetly Raw? Yup, totally raw! 

12 comments:

  1. What a fun time you two had! And the desserts look amazing as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear! Can't wait till WE get our visit xo

      Delete
  2. Aww you guys are so cute together, love it :)

    That dessert looks amazing! And since I found out I'm highly sensitive to chocolate and cacao recently, carob has become my new best friend! You had better believe your carob book will be getting a lot of good use!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabby! It was such a great visit. I hear you... i can only eat so much cacao too - I can get a buzz off a little, esp if I don't have food in my stomach. Carob is a lifesaver. When I stopped eating cacao during a healing period, I ate carob every day! Hope you do use and enjoy the book ;)

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious! You are always having so much fun! I love your zest for life! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie! Well, up here in the north we have to get creative! lolol

      Delete
  4. Hannah just seems like such a sweet person, just like you. She's lucky to be able to travel like she does. I remember reading Amber's posts when she visited with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Yeah traveling is the best! I remember when I was me traveling around OZ and New Zealand. Now Im all settled and live vicariously through other people's travels lol (well, I do mini ones now ;)

      Delete
  5. Aww, it looks like you two had a wonderful time together! Wish I should've shared it with you (along with some of that mousse, mmm).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would've been so fun if you could have joined us Amber! Maybe one day! I can't wait for Hannah to come back in the summer... much better time of year.

      Delete
  6. My darling soulgirl, thank you for these lovely words but, more than that, for the (Universe-assisted) incredible, heart-building, dream-strengthening, and healing week we had together, which I'll never forget. I can't wait for all of our summer plans to begin. Love you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sista! Universe tuned right in, didn't it?! I too am so grateful and look forward to summmer! You will love it in a different way. PS - still need to make caramelized, chocolate stuffed bananas over the fire when you return ;)

      Delete