Monday, October 22, 2012
My New Blog and Pumpkin Blondies (gluten free and vegan)
Welcome to my new bloggie! It's a new beginning! Food and Yoga for Life is my new nook on the web for sharing food, yoga, and life with you. I'm so excited about it.
So why am I starting a new blog when I already have Sweetly Raw and Universal Eater?? A few reasons:
- I've received a lot of emails from people who say they enjoy my dessert recipes but they want more dinner/savory recipes. I've been thinking about sharing more savory recipes too so this was a confirmation.
- Since I want to share more savory recipes but am no longer a vegan (post about all of that HERE), I want to post recipes that are both raw/vegan, vegetarian, and paleo, yet I want to keep Sweetly Raw a raw dessert blog.
- The other passion in my life is yoga. I've been a yoga instructor for 6 years and have been practicing for about 12 years. I thought about sharing more of this on Sweetly Raw, but again it just didn't seem to fit so here is the perfect spot!
- I want to share thoughts about life and spirituality because there is more of me that you don't see on my food blogs.
So what will you see on Food and Yoga for Life?
- Lots of recipes! Savory cooked and raw vegan, vegetarian, and even a few recipes containing meat. Cooked gluten free vegan dessert recipes too. Only raw vegan desserts will be posted on Sweetly Raw.
- Various things involving yoga, perhaps including videos. Do you have questions or ideas you want me to include? Let me know. Leave a comment or email me firstname.lastname@example.org
- My travels and personal life will now be on here instead of SR.
- Maybe some product reviews of my favorite things.
- Your ideas! What do you want to see on here that ties in with my theme?
On that note, I've gotta launch this blog with a recipe right?! It probably comes as no surprise that my first recipe is a sweet one ;)
In the spirit of Autumn and pumpkin goodness, I came up with these gluten free, vegan, pumpkin blondies for a tasty afternoon snack. They're dense, chewy, moist, and yummalicious. Oh and best of all they're super easy to mix up and pop into the oven!
Gluten free & Vegan
3/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup tapioca or potato starch
2 1/2 tablespoons ground flax seed
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
2/3 cup sucanant
1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
In a bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
In separate bowl whisk together all wet ingredients.
Add the dry mixture to wet and mix together until evenly combined.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Spread into a greased 8x8" pan.
Bake in 350F oven for 20-25 minutes. (I baked mine for about 22 mins. I give a big window because all ovens are different). A toothpick will come out clean.
Cool, slice, and enjoy!
Make sure all ingredients are room temperature to allow easy mixing of the coconut oil (so it doesn't cease when mixed with cold ingredients).
I used raw almond butter in these - roasted might change the flavor slightly but will work just fine.
Try coconut sugar instead of sucanant.
I hope you'll give these a try. And let me know if you can think of anything you'd like to see on this new blog!
Shared at Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Wellness Weekend, Healthy Vegan Fridays